Thursday, April 29, 2010

Attune Foods

There are bars out there that supply your protein, there are ones that are raw, ones that taste like dirt, yadda yadda...well, when I heard about Attune, I was excited to try them out. Attune is a probiotic granola bar. For those of you who don't know, probiotics help support healthy digestion and protect the body against harmful bacteria, keeping your immune system healthy. A common source of probiotic is yogurt so I thought it was interesting to see a granola bar promoting the benefits of probiotics. According to the packaging, since the granola bars have a lower water content, the probiotic cultures live longer.

I found these bars at my local Whole Foods in the refrigerated section. In the strawberry bliss bar there are 170 calories, 6g fat, 3g fiber and 5g protein. The bar packs a lot of punch for only 170 calories. The granola bar itself is really good; very chewy with whole grains and nuts. Then there's a yogurt-flavored coating which I wasn't really a fan of. The coating tasted a little artificial. A single bar costs around $2.00, which seems to be the norm these days, but I still think it's sort of pricey.

If you're interested, their site is advertising a 14 day challenge right now to prove you'll feel the difference probiotics make in your diet. Here is the info directly from the site:
Feel the Attune Daily Difference - if, after trying one Attune probiotic chocolate bar daily for 14 days, you don't experience a difference, we'll refund your purchase price (up to $18).

I also wanted to mention that these bars should be refrigerated until your ready to take them on the go and eat them. That's a big pain in the butt to me. If I'm going to eat a bar, it's usually stashed in my bag for an emergency when I need something unexpectedly. While I wouldn't purchase these again, I'd by lying if I said I wasn't interested in the 14 day challenge...

I'm giving Attune 3 biscuits.