Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pacific Natural Foods

All I read about these days is almond milk! I had never tried it until recently when Pacific Natural Foods was generous enough to send me some samples. I can't even begin to tell you all that there is to know about this company, I learned so much just looking over their site! One of the coolest things I learned is that they started a program in 1997 called Certified to the Source. It's a standard they follow to ensure they know the source of every single ingredient that goes into their products. Another thing that I really liked is that their cows are fed an organic, vegetarian diet and are free to roam the open pasture. I really encourage you to check out this company...I know I'm definitely interested in trying more of their products.


Now as for the nut beverages...who knew there were so many kinds!! In addition to almond, they also sell rice, hemp, hazelnut and oat. Oat!?! I haven't tried that one yet but I can't wait to! My first taste was the chocolate almond flavor and I was shocked by how good it was! Why haven't I tried this stuff before? I knew instantly what all the talk is about! The beverages also have vitamin A and D and riboflavin for added nutritional value. Another added bonus...they are dairy free for those who are lactose intolerant.

In a 1C serving of original unsweetened almond beverage, there's only 35 calories (that's less than a cup of milk and you're getting a lot of healthy nutrients in this drink!), 2.5g of fat and 1g protein. I have so much experimenting to do with these...the possibilities are endless. First up, oatmeal with the hazelnut! I definitely see myself making these drinks a staple in my diet so I'm giving Pacific Foods 10 biscuits.