Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Feed Granola

I love trying different kinds of granola. Recently, I tried several varieties of Feed Whole Grain Granola, which I loved. Feed Granola was started by two guys (former models acutally, who refer to themselves as "the granola guys"), who were making granola in their apartment in NYC. They soon learned that other people liked their granola and Feed Foods came to be in a very short amount of time. Their mission is to provide the best foods they can make, using the best ingredients they can find. The packaging has this statement on it which I really like: "we believe what you feed your body determines how you live." Very true and I forget that from time to time as I eat too much crunch n munch while sipping on wine. The granola is 100% natural and has 230mg omega 3's!


The granola comes in a lot of different flavors from sweet mango to blueberry almond. In a 1/4C of the blueberry almond, you're looking at 140 calories, 3g fiber and 3g protein. One thing I really liked is that there's only 3g of sugar. I hate when granolas are full of added sugar. The base of the granola is a whole grain blend consisting of oats, barley, rye, oat flour, and brown rice crisps. I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of freeze dried fruit so I was happy to see they had actual dried fruit in the granolas and it was delicious. I found myself picking out all the pieces of dried fruit first!

A lot of times I think granolas taste pretty much the same but this was not the case with Feed. Each flavor really had it's own unique taste. While the blueberry had a lot of spice in it, the mango had mint in it! Oh, and I forgot to mention....BIG chunks!! I love the big chunks you can pick out and eat with your hands.

I never really comment on packaging but there as also something about their packaging that I like. It's simple but cute and I like the little descriptions for each flavor and the see through window on the back of the bag letting you know it's time to get more! Speaking of getting more...I can't list prices because their site is down right now and I forgot to check at the grocery store this week. But I'm not too concerned about price. I really liked this and definitely see myself buying it again. I just hope I can show some self control next time and not eat the whole bag. I'm giving Feed Granola 10 biscuits.