Sunday, January 10, 2010

Raw Crunch Bars

I got some good bars to tell you guys about!! Have you heard of Raw Crunch bars? I was sent some to try out and I'm glad I had the opportunity. First, a little about the bars. The core ingredients in each bar are organic, raw nuts and seeds. There's a little bit of raw honey but nothing artificial in these babies. Each bar is hand-made, uncooked and unprocessed. There are 4 different flavors: cranberry, blueberry, goji berry and dark chocolate. I was really pleased with the nutritional information in these bars. The only ingredients are organic sesame seeds, organic sunflower seeds, organic pumpkin seeds, organic cashews, organic blueberries, organic flaxseeds, organic pecans, raw honey, organic macadamia nuts and celtic sea salt. A single bar has a measly 150 calories (which I think is great for a bar packed with so much goodness), 10g of fat (but this is healthy fat, which we need), 3g fiber and 5g protein.




As you know, I've been doing the eat clean thing and these bars have been perfect. For one of my snacks I have a half bar with a piece of fruit. They go perfect together!! The picture below is of a whole bar, not a half. A full bar is about 4 inches long. I tried to get a close up shot so you could see all the different nuts and seeds.


Now, I do have a little bit of bad news. The bars are a little pricey. If you buy in bulk, 48 bars, you'll pay $110 or around $2.25 a bar. I know these are handmade, with organic ingredients, but with a little effort on my part, I could mix up a bag of organic mixed nuts and seeds and probably save a heck of a lot. I really did enjoy these though and recommend you try them out. They are a perfect snack for some energy on the go. I'm giving Raw Crunch Bars 8 biscuits...I think they would have gotten a 10 if I thought I'd actually pay that for a case of bars.