Saturday, January 16, 2010

Smart Wool

Oooooh, yea!! Smart Wool sent me a pair of running socks to try out and I have to say, your feet are missing out if you haven't run in these. I received the PhD Running Light Mini's which are specifically designed for the woman's foot. They have a 4-degree fit system that has supportive braces across the arch, in-step and ankle with wool on wool (WOW) technology to reduce shock and abrasion. When I put these on they were so comfty! Running socks may be a little pricey but they are oh so worth it! This particular pair is considered light for mild weather and when I first put them on, my only concern was that they may be a little thick. I probably wouldn't wear them with my Nikes since those have a tighter fit, but they worked just fine with my Asics.


You really need to check out this site. They sell so much more than socks, with an every day use lifestyle line. They have some really cute stuff! I also appreciate that the company was founded by athletes and they have a philosophy that makes me want to work for them. A percentage of every sale goes towards a fund so they can give back to "organizations that promote environmental stewardship, healthy lifestyle choices for youth, and encourage responsible outdoor activity participation."


These socks are $13.95 a pair and I think they are well worth it. I will definitely be adding these to my running gear. I'm giving Smart Wool 10 Biscuits.