Sunday, January 24, 2010

Eden Organic

There are so many different kinds of pasta out there these days! Whole wheat, Ezekiel, Kamut...yup, Kamut!! I had never even heard of Kamut until Eden Organic sent me some Kamut pasta to try out. Eden Organic started as a co-op and is now the oldest natural food company in North America and the largest independent manufacturer of 'dry grocery' organic foods. They are also GEO free which means they will not purchase or sell any food or food ingredient known to be genetically engineered. The company is based in Michigan and I'm bummed I didn't know about them while I lived out there. I really like what they stand for and their principles.


If you check out their product page, you'll see they carry a great variety. From beans to condiments, snacks, pasta and fruit juices...there's a lot to choose from! I'm glad they sent me this pasta to try because it fits in great with eating clean. The only ingredient is organic whole grain kamut wheat and check out the nutritional information. Packed full of protein and fiber!!



As for the taste, I was expecting it to taste different. Different from what I'm not sure. But it tasted great and might have been a little lighter than a plain whole wheat pasta. On their site, a box of this pasta goes for $3.14, which I think is reasonable. I did see it in my local grocery store but I forget to check the price. Doesn't really matter, though. We both agreed that we will definitely be buying this in the future. So with that being said, I'm giving Eden Organic 10 biscuits.