Monday, October 3, 2011

Good Life Granola

I'm a huge fan of granola but tend to steer clear of it because I have very little self control around it. Case in point, a bag of Good Life Granola barely made it a weekend in my house (but I did have a little help from the hubs in finishing it off!). Good Life Granola is an all natural Artisan blend of granola which uses ingredients like Michigan maple syrup, almonds and pecans.


I tried out the "original blend" which contained oats, maple syrup, brown sugar, canola oil, almonds, pecans, vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon. While it does contain added sugar, I do appreciate that the ingredient list is short and I can pronounce everything on there. A half cup serving has 250 calories, 11g of fat, 4g fiber, 12g sugar, and 6g protein. Like all granola, it's a little high calorically but at least it's not filled with junk.

As for how it tastes...really, really good!! The granola was actually a lot softer than typical granolas and the pecans really made the difference. We ate it right out of the bag and even as a small bowl of cereal with milk, which was delicous! You can find Good Life Granola at health food stores, speciality stores and on line. It comes in Original Blend, Apple Crisp and there's even a nut free variety. A 4oz bag is ~$3 and a 12oz bag is ~$6.50.

I think it's a good thing that this isn't dirt cheap, if it were, I'd eat way too much of it!!