Sunday, March 7, 2010

Musselman's Apple Sauce

One of my favorite snacks is sugar free apple sauce with almonds. So I was excited to try out the Healthy Picks apple sauce from Musselman's. There is quite a bit of history behind Musselman's and the company has really grown over the years. "Today, the grower owned cooperative provides a livelihood for nearly 600 farming families. Carefully tending to almost 70,000 acres of fruit orchards, our growers produce a variety of fruits, including apples, tart cherries, peaches, and blueberries."

The Healthy Picks come in really fun flavors (key lime cupuacu, blueberry pomegrante, raspberry acai) and have no added sugar. They are made with antioxidant-rich fruits and are fortified with fiber, calcium and vitamin C. There's also no artifical colors or flavors. Each single serving cup has 70 calories and 3g of fiber. It was really interesting to read the health benefits of the antioxidant rich fruits in these applesauces. It's so important to incorporate these fruits in our diet and these little snacks make it easy to do just that!



I tried out the blueberry pomegrante the other day and really liked it. It's a little chunkier than the plain sugar free applesauce I'm used to but I still enjoyed it. I tend to not like chunkier applesauce but that's just a personal preference. The applesauce had a lot of flavor and wasn't super sweet. I always have applesauce in the house for a quick snack and I think I would purchase these in the future. The only thing is that I would prefer if they made these in bigger containers so I could portion it out into Tupperware and eliminate some of the waste. I'm giving Musselman's Healthy Picks 8 biscuits.