Saturday, April 30, 2011

OPI Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Collection

Perfect, perfect, perfect shades for the Spring!! Maybe because this collection contains a purple and I'm a sucker for purple polish but I love the shades in this OPI collection!! As per the press release, these colors "were inspired by a world filled with mythical mermaids, gleaming treasure, and high-seas adventure. With shades ranging from sage and lavender to khaki gray and pastel pink..."

"Skull & Glossbones, "Sparrow Me the Drama," "Stranger Tides," Steady As She Rose," "Mermaid's Tears," "Planks Alot"

Of course the first one I had to try was "Planks Alot" and I love it.


I also painted my sisters toes with this color and then applied the "navy shatter." (sorry, no picture) It didn't turn out as good as my blue on blue shatter but it that was my fault with the poor color combination. But regardless, her purples toes looked good!

I love the fall and winter with dark painted nails and have never been a big fan of summer colors on my hands. Toes, I'm fine with whatever. I just don't think the lighter colors look good on me with my fair skin. Maybe that's why I was so excited for this collection. There are fun summer colors which I can pull off with my milk white skin. :-)  And I'm not stuck with just normal pale pinks, which I like even more.

Next up to try, "Mermaid's Tears." Love this sage color, very different and very pretty but not too green so I think it would be a color you could pull off any day of the week!