Wednesday, November 10, 2010

OPI

I am obsessed with painting my nails. Obsessed! While I'm not a girly girl, I absolutely love having my nails painted. If I'm not in the best of moods, I'll paint my nails and it will cheer me up. I think it makes such a huge difference to have something pretty on your nails. While it's rare to see me without nail polish on, you will never see me with chipping nail polish. That's a huge pet peeve of mine and I think it looks completely trashy. At the first sign of wear, take it off people! Geesh. Anyway, I've been painting my own nails as far back as I can remember and I've been a huge fan of OPI for years now. To me, there is nothing better. I apply a base coat, two coats of polish, a top coat and I'm good for days without any chipping paint. The polish stands up to me typing all day at work, working out, doing dishes, etc. I've tried other brands and nothing stands up to the durability of OPI. Oh, and nothing stands up to their color choices either. Not only do they carry a huge selection of colors, but they come up with the most creative names. Some of my favorites are "Funky Dunky", "Oh...To Be 25 Again", "Rumples Wiggin'" and "Kiss on the Chic."
I've been testing out recent OPI line and am loving some of the colors!! My favorite of this collection so far is the "Ski Teal We Drop" which is a dark blue/grey. Really pretty. The new line also has some fun looking metallic shades which I think would be great for around the Holidays. There's a sparkly silver called, "Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous" which would look great with a little black dress!!

I've seen OPI go for anywhere from $6.50 to $9.00 a bottle. When you think of all the manicures you can get out of a bottle of polish, this is completely reasonable. You can get a ton of paintings for the price of one salon manicure. And no tipping is required. ;-)

I think there's no suprise where I'm going with this one...I'm giving OPI 10 BIG biscuits. Hands down, best nail polish out there.