Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Active Wrap

As a person who does not like to take it easy, I admit that I get my fair share of aches and pains. One of the most bothersome is my sciatica which really flairs up during intense training cycles. With always being on the go, it's not always easy to lay down with ice or a heating pad. Well, ActiveWrap made the perfect thing for me.

ActiveWrap makes hot and cold therapy wraps for foot/ankle, back, knee, wrist, shoulder and elbows. What's so great about these wraps is that they contour to the part of the body and you can wear them without having to stop going about your daily activities. It has a dual purpose pad which can be microwaved or placed in the freezer depending on the type of therapy you need. I've been using the back ActiveWrap for a few weeks now and it makes icing my back so easy. The wrap fits snugly and is really comfortable and flexible. I even packed it for a recent marathon and wore it on the drive home. I've even been known to do some cleaning with it on!

Here's how ActiveWrap describes the back wrap: "The ActiveWrap heat and ice back wrap features extreme comfort, fit and adjustability. Complete with our specially formulated non-migrating 7 x10" hot/cold pad and a durable compression wrap made of eco-friendly material. This new pain modality features Active Medical Plush™ fabrication to lock in the body's natural warmth when used for soothing heat while insulating keeping the cold in during cold therapy applications. Silky smooth ventilated side panels ensure breath-ability during long duration use demonstate superior quality to typical neoprene or foam fabric wraps."

This back wrap costs $41.95. I have nothing to compare the price to since I don't know what typical heating pads cost. I will say though, the ease of using the ActiveWrap makes it worth the cost. To be able to ice my back on the go is so nice. I also think the fit of the wrap is nice and if you have other injuries, having something contoured to a specific body part would make ice/heating more efficient. Since it is possible to ice/heat without the wrap (although I think the wrap makes it easier), I'm giving ActiveWrap 7 Biscuits.