Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Newman's Own Organics

It was like Christmas here the other day when this huge box of goodies arrived from Newman's Own Organics! Check out this loot! Thankfully I have Andy here to help me try everything, although this stuff was so good, I did pretty well packing it away myself.


One thing I really liked to see on all the packaging was that Paul Newman has given over $200 million to charities worldwide since 1982. Knowing companies who have money give back really does mean a lot to me. All of the products are certified organic and the ingredients have been grown on farms that have no used artificial fertilizers or pesticides for three years or more. They not only make food, but they even have a pet food line out for those of us who want nothing but the best for our furry friends.

I'm all about eating healthy and making the right choices but I never gave much thought to buying organic snacks. A snack is a snack, right? Well, actually, after reading the ingredient list, which was very short, on these products, I'm convinced otherwise. They weren't filled with junk and stuff you couldn't pronounce and honestly, no taste was sacrificed. If anything, everything tasted better. While Andy really enjoyed the chocolate bars, I loved the soy crisps. SOOO good!! They are low in fat and calories and loaded with protein. Even the pretzels were awesome. A pretzel?? Yes, the pretzels were great!! I never had a "hermit" before but I'm glad I tried one because I've been missing out. But by far, the best of the goodies were the double chocolate mint chip cookies. Wow! Seriously, I could go on and on about how good everything was. We didn't find one thing we didn't like and Andy even said to me, "Damn, Paul makes a mean cookie!"

Now, there's always the price factor that comes when you buy organic. I'm not one to spend a lot of money on a snack, to be honest. But since I'm not eating artifical crap anymore, I do see myself purchasing these products again. They may not be a weekly staple in my house, but for a once in a while treat, I will splurge and spend some money on a treat that tastes good and isn't filled with junk. Like the website says, organic really was the last thing I was thinking of when I tried this stuff out.

I'm giving Newman's Own Organics 9 biscuits!