Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sarah Jane Designs

I'm anything but fancy and don't get too excited about jewelry. But, I am a sucker for running jewelry!! While surfing the web one day I stumbled upon Sarah Jane Design. I love reading about how people start up their companies and what drives them and inspires them. There was something about her "about page" that really made me feel like she cared so much about each piece she makes.

Most of her pieces are unique and only a few are produced more than once. Her design components include "sterling silver, gold-fill and vermeil, Italian Murano glass, Swarovski crystals, semi-precious stones with vivid color, unusually shaped pearls, fossils, rare woods or botanical inspirations." Her pieces tend to use asymmetry, irregular use of chain, front closures and gem clusters. And most importantly, she strives to be as green as possible (extra bonus biscuit points for that!!).

Sarah Jane will also customize pieces for you and in fact, she did just that for me!! I saw a piece I really liked but wanted different color beads. Well, it wasn't a problem and it turned out so cute! Check out the necklace, and matching earrings....


The flat charm says "persistance" and I personally find that very fitting for me. There's also a little runner charm on it. I love the multiple pieces on the same chain and I love the chain that was used. It's hard to see in the picture but it's not super shiny. I personally do not like flimsy or fragile looking jewelry and this doesn't feel like that at all to me. The piece feels sturdy and well put together.

Sarah Jane Design have so many different options; her designs aren't limited to running. And with the ability to customize a piece, the opportunities are endless. Prices vary depending on the piece but I found them all to be more than reasonable. I'm giving Sarah Jane Design 9 Biscuits!