Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Orthaheel

I've had my share of foot problems this year when Achilles issues landed me in a boot. Trying to find blame, other than running too much, I swore up and down it was from wearing my cheapo flip flops all day and not having the proper support. So when Orthaheel sent me a pair of their natural pain relief flip flops, I was excited to see if these allowed me to dress for summer but not risk any further injury.

Here's some info about Orthaheel:
  • Orthaheel's biomechanically designed and clinically tested technology helps reduce pronation to relieve associated foot, ankle and knee pain.
  • Clinical research supports Orthaheel's success in restoring the foot's natural alignment, enabling the feet, ankles and legs to dynamically function as there were intended.
  • The sandals feature a shock absorbing midsole which provides support and stability and the build in orthotic helps prevent pronation. There's also a rubber sole with patterned tread for traction.

Orthaheel's sandals come in a wide variety of styles and colors and they even have mules and sneakers. I've been knocking around in the Women's Tide (pic below) and have been really pleased. I find that my feet don't slip and slid in these like they do regular flip flops and even though they don't have an ankle strap, my foot feels very supported in the sandal. There is a lot of cushioning and the toe strap is barely noticeable because the material is so comfty. And if this isn't enough, Orthaheel guarantees you'll walk pain free in 30 days or your money back (conditions apply, of course).

While these might not be the stylish of sandals, I've learned that when it comes to my feet, I'd rather have something supportive than the current hottest trend if it means staying injury free. A pair of the Women's Tide will run you $54.99, which is a little pricey for a pair of sandals. But I honestly, I think they are worth it. what do you have to lose with a money back guarantee? With that being said, I'm giving Orthaheel 7 biscuits.